About us/ Specification
We provide a warm, friendly, caring environment for all children and their families. Our purpose is to promote happy, confident, fulfilled children, allowing them to develop to their full potential.
We are a flexible day care service and are opened all year round minus the bank holidays. Our opening times are from 7.30 am – 6.00 pm every day.
Halima is the Nursery Manager who holds a level 6 BA Hons degree in Early Years. Halima has a sound understanding and experience within the early years sector. And is committed to implement quality care and learning opportunities for children and their families.
Nursery Deputy Manager
Deborah is the Nursery Deputy Manager. Deborah holds a level 4 Childcare qualification. And has vast knowledge and experience working with children. Deborah is a passionate, caring and a creative individual.
Early Year Curriculum
Here at Play N Learn Day Nursery, we offer a free flow play based learning environment. We fulfill children’s experiences reflecting their interests, needs and building upon what they already know! The team here at Play N Learn Day plan to create a variety of experiences indoors and outdoors. Having a balanced approach of child initiated and adult led based activities
We follow the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) which is a statutory framework. It covers all areas of learning and development from the day your child is born until the end of their first year at school. We practice the listed areas of learning to plan and develop children to their maximum capability and needs.
The areas of learning are:
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Understanding the World
The EYFS also highlight four principles are as follows:
- Unique Child- Every child is a unique child, who is constantly learning and can be resilient, capable, confident and self-assured;
- Positive Relationships- Children learn to be strong and independent through positive relationships;
- Enabling Environments- Children learn and develop well in enabling environments, in which their experiences respond to their individual needs and there is a strong partnership between practitioners and parents and/or carers; and
- Learning and development- Children develop and learn in different ways and at different rates. The framework covers the education and care of all children in early years provision, including children with special educational needs and disabilities.
Our aim is to facilitate an enjoyable, challenged and educational environment for all children.